Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Room for 7: kiss

NATHAN: My parents think we're dating.

KATIE: Mine think the same.

NATHAN: They even suggested the use of birth control. At least from my part.

KATIE: My mom said, "No babies until you graduate and get married and thirty." She was louder and angrier. I told her just because we're best friends and live close, literally, doesn't mean we are having sex or something.

NATHAN: I'm not used to hear the word "sex" in our conversations. The only time I used that word with you is when I asked you to fill my roommate application. What do you mean by "or something?"

KATIE: You know stuff like kissing, holding hands, touching places. Stuff couples do.

NATHAN: Oh. It's weird thinking about us moving forward in that particular direction.

KATIE: Do you think our friendship would be ruined if we move in that direction?

NATHAN: I don't know. I do have pondered what would feel to be in a close relationship with you. (long pause) Katie, Do you want to kiss?

KATIE: Yes. (they kiss)Do you want to go out on a date with me?

NATHAN: Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment