Sunday, May 19, 2019

Room for 7: nathan's parents

NATHAN'S PARENTS DINING ROOM


MR. GARLAND: You know if you feel managing your grandfather's home is too much, you can always move back in. Your room is still your room.


NATHAN: Thanks dad. I find grandpa's house quite convenient. Its close to USC and the firm. 

MRS. GARLAND: Are your roommates giving you any trouble?

NATHAN: Not at all. They are good friends and helpful. Jacob for example is a mechanic and  just did my brakes and did not charged me anything. I did buy the parts. Carmen likes to cook. Eddie, well you have know him since we were kids. Samantha likes to clean the house. Katie is my best friend. Dylan is, well he does not like to clean or cook but he helps all of us when we need something.

MR. GARLAND: You should let me buy you a new car and avoid any major repairs. I don't like the car you drive.

NATHAN: I like Grandpa's BMW. Brakes are disposable items. Any car new or old will need brake pads. Besides, with grandpa out of the country, the car would have been dormant in the garage.

MRS. GARLAND: If you change your mind let us know and we'll go to the Lexus dealer immediately. Also, If you decide the firm is becoming stressful we will support you if you decide to leave.

NATHAN: Mom, I like working for grandpa. If I am going to take over the company when I finish college, then I need to work there and learn everything about Garland Investments. There is nothing stressful about working part-time at my future business. I love grandma and grandpa. If you two cannot get along with them, I should not be placed in the middle. I love all of you. If we are going to have dinner once a week, I would really appreciate it if we could avoid any family-business conversations. Anything else is fine.

MR. GARLAND: Fine, we'll change the topic. If you and Katie decide to be more than friends, make sure you use a condom.

NATHAN: Dad!

MR. GARLAND: You said talk about any other topic. Add sexual relations to the list then.

No comments:

Post a Comment