Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Vague Life of a Man

I live in the city
Tall buildings
Large population
And smog a-plenty

I work in a factory
Good products are made
My boss is nice
I keep the inventory

I have a red car
With brand new tires
Fuel efficient
And takes me far

My apartment is small
Two bed, bath and kitchen
A parking spot nearby
And that is all

I like reading books
And watch television
Sometimes go to the gym
Since I worry about my looks

Social media is all right
I have a profile
Videos, messages and friends
Follow me tonight

I met a woman
Had a red purse and dress
Good looking and nice
And perhaps a tan

I have a small family
Parents and siblings
A few friends around
Sometimes I get lonely

I'd like a whiskey on ice
To help me forget
About this hectic life
Another chance to roll the dice





No comments:

Post a Comment