Monday, July 29, 2019

New York Post: "Sorry, Childless Milennials Going to Disney is Weird"

New York Post article: Link    

     One of the best things about Disney Parks is the amount of activities aimed at people of all ages. It is no surprise most toddlers can instantly recognize the famous mouse from far away. I am a millennial, born in 1986, and have a four-year-old son. I recently attended Disneyland and realized the low level of enjoyment I had ensuring my son fully enjoyed the park. That gave me the idea of waiting until my son is old enough to return. A time he will actually enjoy the park and remember the trip for the rest of his life. In the meantime, as long as he is little, if I am going back to the park it will be without him. Because I do like Disney. It is one brand I associate with my childhood.
     I don't have a problem with millennials going to Disney without any kids because the park was designed for everyone. This millennial age is the best time to visit the park because it's fun. It is even more fun without kids. I noticed some parents pushing strollers with babies still in the bottle. It did not look fun and rather weird. Their faces looked tired and their attitude did not justify the happiest place on earth. When parents take their babies to Disney they have to feed them, change them, tend to them when they cry and the countless things I do not miss when my son was a baby. I can't imagine myself with a baby at Disneyland. No way. Those millennial parents with babies are the weird ones. You have to be a hardcore Disney fan to go with a child old enough to say "dada." One thing I noticed about the park are the countless spaces taken by the plethora of strollers. Just imagine if the park could eliminate just the double-seat strollers (I saw a lot of those). The capacity of the park could potentially increase. If you're a millennial without kids, take the trip to Disney if you can. Especially if you plan to have kids one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment