A personal, lightly edited and original collection of poems, prose, opinions, pictures and works of art.
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Halloween: Last Saturday of the Month?
Snickers has announce the one million candy car giveaway if the federal government changes the date of Halloween to the last Saturday of the month. Naturally, there were mixed reactions. Especially from the people whose birthday lands on October 31. I think this is a good idea. As a parent of course. I don't have to worry about taking my kid trick-or-treating on a school night. I don't have to worry about all the candy my son will consume Saturday night. I don't have to feel the need to get back early to sleep enough to wake up for work the next day. This is just from a parent standpoint. It is beneficial for the parents and the kids. Then again, what I really want to see is the last Saturday of October the night when kids can go out and ask for candy as if it were Halloween. October 31 should remain Halloween and have whoever wants to celebrate birthdays, scary parties, amusement parks, haunted houses and hayrides. The long tradition of Halloween should remain as immortal as July 4 or December 25. This may not technically count as changing the date officially and Mars Incorporated would probably have to withdraw their million candy bar promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Snickers has announce the one million candy car giveaway if the federal government changes the date of Halloween to the last Saturday o...
-
The year was 1997 when Pedro crossed the border from Mexico to United States. All his savings were used towards paying off the coyotes. Th...
-
I was working when I found out about the tragedy of Kobe Bryant and his daughter. A customer of mine who was seated at the bar told me about...
No comments:
Post a Comment