Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Room For 7: of tips and men

EDDIE: (lays on couch) Man, what a night.

KATIE: What happened?

EDDIE: It was busy at work. I had so many tables I lost count. But the worst part was the tips. I got stiffed a couple times.

KATIE: Does that mean you didn't get a tip from them?

EDDIE: Yeah and It sucks. If you can't afford to tip, go to McDonalds.

KATIE: I don't really tip. Its not necessary is it?

EDDIE: Not legally. What do you mean you don't tip? You get tips from the coffee shop. I've seen your tip jar. I have put money in your tip jar. So you really don't tip when you go out to eat?

KATIE: No. I just don't see the need to.

EDDIE: Do you accept the tips from the coffee shop?

KATIE: Yes. But that's different.

EDDIE: How is that different!? If you believe it's not necessary to tip then you should not be accepting those tips. Its the same thing. The only difference is that I get taxed on all the food and drink people consume because the government has found a way to tax me on my tips. I get taxed so much, my checks are like I work for a few bucks an hour. I'm actually shocked. I live with a stiffer.

KATIE: Sorry, I didn't know servers got taxed so much. I'll tip next time, five percent.

EDDIE: I can't talk to you right now. (gets up and leaves)

KATIE: What did I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment