Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Constant Relocation

Different places under stress
City to city and never settle
Never resting, never satisfied
Always meeting, always goodbye
Leaving people in distress

Across the country to the north
Leaving complication, devaluation and corruption
Little children dragged by force
My young life was gradually robbed
From one place to another
With alleged peace from this day forth

Schools gave me an interesting education
No use crying in the class
When I was punished with angry hands
Some will give you stars and others scars
Fortune if someone didn't give a damn
Rules change, people change
The learning and pain stagnant at every relocation

Jobs became colored pins on maps
I did what I could to make some cash
Working hard and learning new ways every time
It is the curse of moving so much
Working days came with caps

Had a girlfriend here and there
Like flowers in a garden
Love and friendship so brief
Blooms began and never fully opened
Lack of water and attention
Petals fall, color fades,
A lasting loving living beauty was rare

Friends are easy to find
And difficult to keep
Many names to learn and retain
Faces fade like pearls in vinegar
Voices lost like water on sand
One or two engrained in mind

Family is temporary
When loyalty is betrayed
The shun takes effect
Cicadas will emerge
Time will eventually decide
Until connection is stationary

I can count the constants of life with one hand
The sun, the moon and the stars up above
My child born with all my love
The thought that I will eventually die
And be once again dust in the land

No comments:

Post a Comment